- Two Year Olds ~ 24 – 36 months.
Safe, Secure, and Nurturing Environment
Two-year-olds are naturally curious about the world, filled with energy and are becoming little independent people. Some say here come the terrible twos, at BCDC we say they are the terrific twos! This time in their life is when the true learning begins and we are fortunate enough to be part of that process.
We work to encourage the development of the following in our Two Year Old classrooms:
- To encourage the development of positive relationships with peers and adults through positive reinforcement
- To encourage the development of a positive self-concept through self-expression and through exploring and understanding feelings
- To encourage the development of language skills through reading and storytelling
- To encourage the development of language skills through recalling and retelling stories
- To encourage the development of thinking and problem-solving through matching with real objects
- To encourage the development of thinking and problem-solving through sorting by color and shape
- To encourage the development of large motor skills through climbing, walking up and down steps, and running
- To encourage the development of fine motor skills through scribbling, drawing, and painting
Learning and interest centers are an active part of the curriculum. Our center areas include Blocks, Dramatic Play, Games & Puzzles, Creative Arts, Water & Sand and Book & Storytelling. Each of these centers provides your child to learn in different ways and to develop skills they will utilize for the rest of their life.
Weather permitting; we have two outdoor play periods a day. Our playground is age appropriate and beautiful. As we plan our day, we keep in mind that children need a balance of free and directed play and of play and quiet times. We enjoy what we plan to do with the children and our enjoyment transfers to them.
BCDC Learning for Two’s
Quality child care begins with quality programming. Pinnacle Early Childhood Curriculum™ is designed to engage children in developmentally appropriate activities that move them toward their potential. For two-year-olds, Pinnacle Curriculum follows a daily activity format that matches the ever-changing needs of each rapidly developing child! Pinnacle Curriculum provides small and large group time activities, along with center-based activities for the classroom. The activities in Pinnacle Curriculum meet learning objectives that will help each child move towards their potential as they explore and experiment with materials and activities in the classroom.
Units of Learning in Two’s
- Music & Movement
- Language & Cognitive Development
- Fine & Gross Motor Skills
- Social & Emotional Development
- Creative Arts & Expression
- Sensory Exploration
- Outdoor Learning